The Mockingbird Foundation is announcing its 20th round of Tour Grants, in celebration of Phish's 34 shows this summer and fall. Unsolicited $1,000 checks will be sent to a music program near each venue at which performs, part of a long-standing effort to help bring music from the Phish community to the local communities Phish touches. The $25,000 total continues a celebration of Mockingbird's 25th year, and is being announced in six batches.
The third group of recipients, in celebration of the last third of the summer tour (and including Dick's, arguably the third leg?), are:
- Chelan High School of Chelan, WA (near Gorge Amphitheatre, August 27th, 28th, 29th)
- Carson High School (via Carson City Band Association) of Carson City, NV (near Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena, planned but canceled for August 31st and September 1st)
- Carson Middle School Bands of Carson City, NV (near Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena, planned but canceled for August 31st and September 1st)
- Leigh High School (via Leigh Parents of the Performing Arts) of San Jose, CA (near Shoreline Amphitheatre, August 31st and September 1st)
- Adams City High School Band of Commerce City, CO (near Dick's Sporting Goods Arena, September 3rd, 4th, 5th)